If you have a claim:
- Call your insurance agent or Tokio Marine 24/7 claim reporting service as soon as practical and report a claim.
- Notify police in the event of theft loss or the fire department in the event of fire loss.
- Call 911 if anyone is injured.
- Protect the property from further damage, including "reasonable and necessary temporary repairs".
- If water is escaping from a pressurized line, turn off the water main to the home.
- Beware of contractors who may arrive at your home when you did not call them.
- Save all receipts for temporary repairs or any additional living expenses.
- Don’t throw out damaged property until the adjuster has been able to inspect the items.
- Attempt to inventory and establish price/age of damaged personal property.
Your Tokio Marine experienced Claims Specialist is always available to answer your questions and assist you throughout the entire claim process.